.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Political bits II

(ABC/Snuffleopogus) McCain is pulling ads in Wis and NH. (Leaving a few on the air so they don't get the "pulling out of" stories...)

Ben Smith points out that this story came out of the McCain campaign right before McCain appears in NH tomorrow. (Bad.)

Later: Also a report of spending cutbacks in Colo and Maine.

(538) If you're living and dying watching the tracking polls, Nate Silver has an essential, if very lengthy, post on the strengths and weaknesses of each of them.

(CNN) AFL-CIO launches its 250,000 volunteer GOTV effort.

(Politico) McCain will be at the Phoenix Biltmore on election night. (It's the same location where he accepted the primary win. If you remember, it's a pretty small space.)

In Kansas, "As I'm leaving the voting room, the young black janitor is in the hallway in front of the room with his cleaning cart. "Did you do the right thing?" he asks me. "You know it." I say and we exchange a terrorist fist jab."

5 Comments:

  • "As I'm leaving the voting room, the young black janitor is in the hallway in front of the room with his cleaning cart. "Did you do the right thing?" he asks me. "You know it." I say and we exchange a terrorist fist jab."

    The very short article you link to here really sums up perfectly different values of the two campaigns. "Pro-America"... indeed!

    By Blogger -epm, at 3:05 PM  

  • Yeah, I just liked the moment. I've had a few of them like that wearing my Obama hat around.

    (And I cut out the ugly part about the old man warning of terrorists.)

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 3:07 PM  

  • There's a certain community joy in among the Obama supporters. A camaraderie, of sorts, that's kind of similar to how I feel when traveling outside the US and encounter another American.

    I just thought it was interesting to see the emotional -- and value -- differences. I think it's illustrative of the greater divide we face in the modern American experience.... and where we go in the next generation.

    By Blogger -epm, at 3:28 PM  

  • Waaayyy deeper than I am today.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 3:50 PM  

  • Regarding NH.... Not a single presidential political ad on network TV all evening. Not even DNC or RNC ads for Obama or McCain. First time in a while.

    Still getting senate ads.

    By Blogger -epm, at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home