.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bush's final case

You can save yourself the 15 minutes tonight and read the pre-released excerpts of the Bush speech.

Short version: blah, blah, blah.... Not attacked since 9/11.... blah, blah, blah.

Best excerpt:
Like all who have held this office before me, I have experienced setbacks. There are things I would do differently if given the chance. Yet I have always acted with the best interests of our country in mind. I have followed my conscience and done what I thought was right. You may not agree with some tough decisions I have made. But I hope you can agree that I was willing to make the tough decisions.

In other words, "I screwed up but I meant well."

Hardly the epitaph of Truman or Lincoln.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home