.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Unprepared

Despite all the hate and mockery that went towards Bush, I don't think enough was done to highlight the main recurring failure of his administration. They were unprepared, despite warnings, for the four major disasters of that administration.

Despite being warned, they were unprepared for 9/11.

Despite being warned, they were unprepared for an insurgency in Iraq.

Despite being warned, they were not prepared when the levees broke in New Orleans.

Despite being warned, they allowed the banking and credit system to implode.

These aren't so much issues of policy, but of poor management, a flaw that was not corrected after killing thousands again and again and again.

I don't know why I'm thinking about that today, but I am.

(I'm also wondering tonight how William Shatner managed to star in not one, not two, but three different network series....but that's not quite in the normal tone of this blog.)

2 Comments:

  • is the only other option that they really were such poor managers that they were glaringly wrong 4 times in a row?

    I personally think that (A) they didn't care about the ensuing problems, and (B) actually wanted the ensuing problems to happen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 PM  

  • I agree with A to some degree in that, they certainly didn't take the consequences seriously enough.

    However B, I'm not so sure. I think they'd have rather had a quick and lasting victory in Iraq and turned to pressure Iran. I think they'd rather not have had Katrina happen, if for no other reason than the political damage it did to all Republicans. I think they'd have rather not had the banking problems.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home