.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Picture of the Day

Every modern President who has traveled to Africa has taken a tour of a slave export facility, but this visit is definitely different.

(President Barack Obama stand with his daughter Sasha, first lady Michelle Obama and daughgter Malia as they stand at the "Door of No Return" at the Cape Coast Castle, a former slave holding facility, in the town of Cape Coast, Ghana, July 11, 2009. (REUTERS/Jason Reed))

2 Comments:

  • I'm not sure why but President Obama is the first president in my life that I've ever had an ounce of respect for. I liked Bill Clinton because he and I came from the same background but not this deep respect I have for President Obama.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

  • I get that, too. I'm proud to have him as president, and that's an unusual feeling in my adult life.

    However, there's still a long time left for that respect to erode....

    Not to be cynical.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home