.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Charlie Crist's collapse - Back Wax!!!

What is the alchemy that turns a hugely popular Florida Governor into an also ran in a Senate primary? One poll and all, but PPP has Rubio leading Crist by 32%!

This mystifying polling collapse has lead a desperate Crist to doing unnatural things like this unsubstantiated "back wax" charge on FoxNews.

(I know he wants to create "the $400 haircut," but "back wax?" Really?

Of course, I am talking about it....)

Later: A little deeper,
...among Republican primary voters 19% would like to see him as Governor a year from now, 14% want him in the Senate, and 56% want him out of elected office.


What's funny to me is that six months ago, before this primary got hot, I believed that Charlie Crist was the one polished, accomplished, moderate Republican who had a real shot at Obama.

...but he can't get out of his own party.

2 Comments:

  • Really!? This is what Florida voters care about? Back hair waxing?

    God. If this country was a dog I'd have it euthanized and spare it the long, painful journey into insanity and final collapse.

    OK. Maybe I'm over reacting.... slightly.

    By Blogger -epm, at 1:57 PM  

  • It's just sad to me that such a major plitician who I kinda liked is trying this, especially since it is so ham handedly executed.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home